Account and Membership Plan
Account and Membership Plan
Instead of removing your entire account, perhaps you would like to just cancel your relationship with a specific provider’s practice.
That way, you will still have access to your personal health information.
If you decide to delete your whole account and are subscribed to at least one of your provider’s membership plans:
- Access the Account menu by clicking on your name or profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- The Account tab is available in the pop-out menu.
- Once in the Account section, click the Change Password link.
- Fill out the fields that appear and click Save at the bottom of the screen.
The Health Record is the section where you may complete all health profile information in your PortalConnect account.
Please take the time to review and complete your record, through the Health Record menu.
You may complete your Health Record, including the Allergies, Conditions, Medications, Immunizations, Vitals and Social History sections.
You must subscribe to at least one of a provider’s plans in order to schedule an appointment with him/her, or in order to send him/her a secure message.
- Log into your PortalConnect account and choose from the available membership plans to subscribe.
- To complete your subscription to the plan that you have selected, you must enter your billing information in the Card Information window and accept the membership Terms and Conditions. This information will be integrated into your account. If the plan you chose holds no associated fees, the credit card information is optional.
- If you do not see any membership plans available, please contact your Doctor’s office directly.
In order to manage a family member’s account, you must first be subscribed to a Family or Family Guardian plan.
- Contact your practice or Customer Support at email@example.com to subscribe to a family plan or to upgrade your current membership.
- Once you have a family plan, you can access the Change User menu by clicking the your name or profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and selecting the account from which you wish to schedule appointments, send messages or perform other actions.
- If the family member account you wish to manage is not visible in the Change User menu, please contact your health care provider to request access to their account.
Welcome to PortalConnect! Before you can to log into the platform, you must have a username and password. If you have recently signed in for an appointment on your Provider’s check-in kiosk, you should have created your username and password. If not, please contact the Customer Support Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request your Activation Key.
- You will receive an email from your provider containing a link to a secure form and instructions to create your account.
- Complete the secure form. All fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory. You must enter the activation key your provider has given you.
- Once you have filled out all fields, click the Submit button to access the Login form.
Video and IM appointments work well for follow-up visits and simple problems that do not require an office visit with a provider with whom you have an established relationship.
After you have scheduled a video or an IM appointment, you must remain connected to the platform and wait for your provider to initiate the visit. When he or she is ready, you will receive an onscreen alert message.
You must click the Enter Chat button of the alert message for the video or IM visit to begin.
For video visits, you must have a webcam and a microphone on your computer.
Before your first in-person appointment with your provider, you will receive an email notification – if that service is part of your plan.
Please show up to the provider’s office a few minutes before your appointment.
The visit is paid for with the card number (credit, debit or HSA) you provided in your PortalConnect account (Account menu), so you do not have to sign anything when you leave. It is that simple!
To view past visits:
Click the Appointments menu and the Past section. Your complete list of past visits is displayed.
It all depends on: the types of visits that are part of your membership plan, the types of visits that are included in a particular availability period (set on the provider side), and the types of visits that are included in a particular appointment category (if applicable).
- Click the Appointments menu
- Choose a provider from the list (if you have more than one provider on your team).
- Select an appointment type in the What kind of visit? menu.
When you book an appointment with your provider, if all types are available, you can choose between House call, Office, IM, Video and Phone visits.
For your first visit, your provider may require to meet you in-person. In this situation, you will only be able to schedule an Office visit.
- Click the Appointments menu
- Select a provider in the Which provider? menu. If you are subscribed to a family plan, a Who is it? menu will precede the Which provider? menu, so you can select the participant for whom you are booking the appointment.
- Select an appointment type in the What kind of visit? menu, based on the plan you are subscribed to and the visit categories offered by your provider. All visit types might not be available for your first visit with your provider. For example, your provider might want to see you in person before scheduling virtual visits. In that case, you will only be able to book appointment times through the Office Visit.
- In the When? section, choose your appointment date by clicking a day on the calendar. You will not be allowed to select dates on which your provider is unavailable. Available dates are represented in blue. Unavailable dates are dimmed.
- Select the time of your appointment.
- In the Reason for visit? section, indicate the reason for your appointment request.
- Click Add Attachment if you want to append a file to your request.
- Click the Schedule button to submit your appointment request. If you have not yet provided your card information (credit, debit or HSA) at this stage, a Card Information screen will appear. The system will validate the payment information you entered. If the balance of the card you provided has reached its limit, it will be rejected by the system. If you encounter this situation, please use another card.
- When you click Schedule, a first screen appears to explain the pre-authorization process that takes place once the appointment is scheduled. Click Continue to allow the pre-authorization on your card (credit, debit or HSA).
- A second screen provides a detailed confirmation of your visit. Click OK to close the window.
- You are then redirected to the main PortalConnect page.
You can view your visits by:
- Clicking the Appointments menu
- Clicking one of these sections to access your visits by time frame: Upcoming, Past or All.
If you need to cancel an appointment:
- Go to the Appointments menu.
- Go to the appointment you want to cancel and click Cancel Visit.
- A cancellation confirmation message appears. Click Yes.
Your appointment is now cancelled. Please note that there may be a cancellation fee based on the plan you are subscribed to. If so, a message will appear and you will have the choice between going forward with the cancellation, or keeping the visit in your schedule.
Yes. Your list of charges is located in the Account section.
To view the list of previous charges, click the See my bills link in the Home page, or:
- Access the Account menu by clicking the user name or profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the Billing History tab.
- To view detailed charges, click the Details link in an invoice row. The Invoice Details screen will open.
The information required by PortalConnect to charge your card (credit, debit or HSA) is located in the Account menu, in the Payment section:
- First name
- Last name
- Card number
- Card verification number (CVN)*
- Card expiration date
*The CVN is the 3-4 digit security number required for online transactions. On credit cards, you can find this number on the back of your Visa, Mastercard or Discovery (last 3 digits) or on the front of your American Express card (4 digits).
If you need to change the credit card used for your account:
- Access the Account menu by clicking on the user name or profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- In the Payment section, replace the existing information with the valid card data (credit, debit or HSA) in the New Card Number field.
- Click the Save button.
Your card information (credit, debit or HSA) is updated.
To pay for a visit, your card information (credit, debit or HSA) must be available in your account. This information can be entered into the system at different stages depending on your situation:
- Your provider can enter your payment info upon creating your account (if applicable).
- You can enter your payment information in the Account menu, in the Payment section.
- When you subscribe to a provider’s plan, if the plan holds associated fees, the Payment Information screen will appear.
- If you have subscribed to a free plan, the Payment Information screen will appear when you book your first visit.
You only have to enter your payment information once for it to be saved into your Account page.
It is up to each provider to determine whether he or she charges a cancellation fee. When there is a fee, the provider also determines the amount and the time-frame that it applies to. For example, your provider could decide to charge a cancellation fee if you cancel your appointment less than 24 hours before the visit.
To see whether or not a provider charges a cancellation fee:
- Click the Care Team menu by clicking the user name or profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select a provider from your team.
- The cancellation fee is indicated below the list of membership plans.
Yes. Any blood work you need will be billed to you by the lab. However, in many cases, insurance covers the costs.
Not all healthcare providers on PortalConnect are affiliated with insurance companies, in which case this depends on your own insurance plan.
If your plan allows you to see out-of-network providers, most – if not all – of your provider’s fees will probably be covered. We will ensure you have all the necessary receipts for your insurance company.
If your insurance plan does not allow you to see out-of-network providers, and if your provider does not accept insurance coverage, you will have to pay your provider’s full fees.
If you have a high deductible plan, PortalConnect is a perfect match. We will make sure you have all the necessary receipts for your insurance company.
Unfortunately not. Our Customer Service Team are always available to answer any question you may have about PortalConnect, but they are not doctors.
In case of emergency, immediately dial 911
For urgent medical matters, call your physician’s office.
If you need to communicate with your provider for a routine matter or for any purpose that is not an emergency, you can send him or her a secure message directly from PortalConnect, as long as you have a plan that includes secure messaging.
You can also schedule an appointment with your provider.
To send a message to your provider:
- Go to the Messages section and click the Compose Message link.
- In the To field, type the first letters of your provider’s name and select him/her in the menu that appears. Enter your Subject and Message. You can also append a document to your message by clicking Add Attachment.
- Click Send to transmit the message to your provider.
No. Healthcare providers on PortalConnect cannot provide any medical advice prior to your first appointment.
If you already had an established relationship with your provider before you began using our platform, then there should be no problem with communicating with him or her to ask for advice.
PortalConnect offers a secure message section where you receive messages from the system and your provider. Using this tool, you can communicate with your provider efficiently and securely.
System messages are automated PortalConnect messages. These include confirmations when you subscribe to your provider’s membership plans and when you book appointments. Messages you receive from your provider are in your Inbox, in the Messages menu.
Unread messages are indicated by the blue vertical bar to the left of the message. Click in the row of a message to read its contents.
Providers and Care Team
Providers and Care Team
A team consists of the healthcare providers that you choose to take care of you.
It currently includes care providers and pharmacies.
To see your team:
- Access the Care Team menu by clicking the user name or profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the Team section to view the providers that you have selected to be a part of your team.
- Click the Pharmacy section to view and edit the pharmacies that you have added to your profile.
Yes. Your provider can manage prescriptions in two different ways, within the system we use to generate them.
He or she may:
- Print them and then give them to you in person;
- Transmit them directly to your pharmacy.
Let your provider know your preferred way to handle prescriptions.
Either your provider will do the blood work, or will direct you to a lab that will.
- Access the Care Team menu by clicking the user name or profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the screen The Team section is available in the pop-out menu.
- Click the name of the provider you want to delete from your team to go to his/her detailed profile page.
- On the provider’s detailed page, click the Remove Provider link, located on the right.
- A confirmation screen will appear. Click Yes.
All providers on PortalConnect are licensed, board certified in their field and have malpractice insurance.
The provider’s profile contains their information:
- Acces the Care Team menu by clicking the user name or profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. The Team section is available in the pop-out menu.
- Click a provider name in the list to view their information.
On the selected provider’s detailed profile page, you may view the contact information, services offered, membership plans as well as the provider’s philosophy and background.
The best way to proceed with this is to select Medication Renewal in the Home page, check-off the medications you need renewed, and send the request to your provider.
Your doctor may want to book an appointment before filling the renewal request, or may choose to renew without an appointment.